#KomovaIsBack

Komova's return to the gym is being documented by Match TV for a documentary, and the federation's social media outlets are encouraging people to support her through the hashtag #KomovaIsback. Can't help but notice that she's getting more attention for a less astonishing comeback than what she received in 2014 and 2015 when we all thought she could win basically every title upon her return. Is this the kind of attention that backfires if it doesn't work out? Here are the details:

http://eng.gymnovosti.com/komova-is-back-at-the-round-lake/

What are your thoughts? I'm a huge Komova fan and subject to fits of denial whenever a splice of negative news regarding her reaches me. I always believed one day it'd work out, until it became too much to see her suffering over medical conditions that were getting worse the harder she worked to bring back the AA. I do believe she held the most talent in the All-Around of anyone from the last three quads (Beijing, London, Rio), maybe even further back. But like a lot of other people, her numerous injuries made me complacent about her absence. Although if I dig deeper, I think the real struggle for me has been having to accept that the AA cannot conceivably work for her without enabling new injuries. I'm glad she's giving it another try and whatever way I can see Vika, I will gladly take it; one eventer, two events, whatever. Welcome back Viks!

 One picture, five girls we thought were done for good. Iconic, honestly.

Comments

  1. Any news on maria kharenkova? Also who are the other gymnasts in the picture above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria is FINALLY back at RL. In what condition, no one on the gymternet is sure, but I think we might see her do one or two events at the Cup (maybe? hopefully?) and if she's progressing properly I would expect a complete comeback next year. She's always been serious about gym and I don't think she was pleased with 2016. I wonder if she's grown any?

      The girls (from bottom L-R): Daria Elizarova, Viktoria Komova, Alla Sosnitskaya (from top L-R): Anastasia Dmitrieva, Maria Bondareva

      I thought all of them would've retired by now- reasons varying from age, injury, or underperformance- but their still making things happen lol.

      Delete
    2. tbh it's old pic from 2015 bc you can see Mustafina and Kramorenko on other pic too :/

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome! I think you are the author of the lovely blog I linked to?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I just confirmed for myself your identity. Nice blog!

      Delete
  3. Valentina Rodionenko says that Komova will comp at RC in august, russian team quals for 2017 WCh :/ http://rsport.ru/artist_gym/20170511/1120292399.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment