Senior Group Debuts New Routines

Olympic routines are premiering in RG thanks to the Moscow Championships. Here we see the new exciting clubs + hoop routine performed to Stravinsky's 'Rite of Spring':


And here is their ribbon routine. I suspect a samba-fest from gymnastics floor routines this year, and I'm already sick of it. Word from Novogorsk is that these routines are in the test run phase and aren't finalized, so considering the outpouring of negative reaction to the music, they might do well to make some changes. NT group members, Anastasia Nazarenko and Anastasia Blizniuk, competed in another group at the tournament:




Two time Olympic champion, Evgenia Kanaeva, is helping coach the junior national team this year and is now a personal coach to Radmila Amelchenko and Elena Chizhikova, both of whom have entered the national team. She is already the coach of rising youth star, Ekaterina Ayupova. According to Viner, she will also mentor Rita, Yana, and Sasha on what they can expect from the Olympic year (expectations, stress, work ethic, etc.), drawing from her vast competitive experience. 

Ayupova
Huge news: Olympic champion, Uliana Donskova, wants to open a gym in America. Her words: "...But I also want one in Russia, but I think somewhere abroad, it will be the most interesting. My husband, my son Roman (born in August) and I, have planned to go back to Moscow this year after spending two years in the US, where my husband and I graduated. Before the Olympics in London, I knew that [2012] would be my last year in professional sport. And I wanted to finish it, taking first place at the Games, and leave with my head held high." This will no doubt be a boost to USAG's rising rhythmic program which is coming into some depth after years of development and negative talent turnover. Uliana is not 100% sure that her RG school will be in the U.S. but I wish her success no matter where she is. I understand people need to make a living and sometimes your home country does not present the best option, especially when we're talking about start up businesses. Follow your dreams to wherever they will take you, everyone!

Have an exceptional day, readers. 

Comments