SAD NEWS

maksymenko:
“(credit: Marianne Piquerel)
”
Yes, my friends, it is true: Yana Kudryavtseva has officially retired from the sport. Though not completely surprising, there were many (including myself) who thought she might want to take a prolonged break before returning for the Tokyo Olympics. Irina Viner tells us: "Yana called me last week... so she has finished her career. Because of her broken left ankle she had a very serious strain on her healthy right leg, which now needs to be operated on (the ankle). Yana already went to a clinic in Germany to learn more about this possible surgery. But if she continues and does the operation the recovery process will be very long and tough. Although it is with tears and pain, because such a beauty and extraordinary gymnast is leaving us so early, she has decided, and we look only at the conclusion. Yana has made her personal choice." Elena Karpushenko shed some personal insight into why her pupil made this decision: "She told me after the Olympics she had no more motivation, but would wait until December to tell me her decision. Yana called me today and told me her decision. I do not think she fully comprehends it. Irina announcing her retirement will ring a bell in Yana's mind and she might change her position and come back. A little part of Yana wants to go on but the other part doesn't because of the surgery and her new personal life." 
“ YANA KUDRYAVTSEVA - TEAM R U S S I A
”
Yana had a televised interview with the Russian Olympic Committee last week and she spoke about feeling empty and drained preparing for Rio. "By the time the injury happened I felt so bad. I felt I disappointed my fans, my coach, Elena, and Irina Alexandrova (Viner)." But she went on to say how her fans turned the worst day of her life into a better moment: "I don't want anyone on earth to experience what happened [to me] in Rio. I'm so glad I had many people supporting me and making my day happier than it was." Even though I am devastated there are no future performances to look forward to, I realize Yana is ending her career with a satisfaction and contentment derived from all she has achieved, not just at one Olympic competition but the journey in getting there- the summation of a stunning career. I'm further pleased that the last routine fans got from her was her loveliest ribbon routine ever, delicacy and passion in one final feat. She showed what a professional she was after the clubs mishap and proved why she is and will always be the angel with iron wings. Yana doesn't want us fretting over her; she's talented and stubborn enough to come back anytime she chooses, but don't sit around pitying her if she doesn't return. "I am proud of every tear and sweatdrop. I felt I gave it everything I had. Even if I didn't get all I planned, I did everything I could. But now, after the Olympics, I am younger, happier, and healthier."


thosepaws-cfc2003:
“ Amazing Side Scale Balance from Yana Kudryavtseva
”






Thank you Yana for incomparable gymnastics. Success and happiness in all future endeavors! 


All gifs and edits from radissonclaire.tumblr.com

Comments