Russian Cup Interviews


"I did not expect to win yet I was also prepared to. Yesterday went well, [I did not fall]. Today there were some minor mistakes, nothing serious. On the beam I had some checks, but will work on it. But the rest was fine. I did what I was prepared for. " -Daria Spiridonova



"The uneven bars are not my best apparatus but I was prepared. Actually my favorite is the vault but because of my ankle injury I trained mainly on bars, increasing difficulties. I did not believe that I was ready for this competition precisely because of my injury. The other three events are a little behind, just because of the ankle. I thank the coaches for taking me this far, allowing me to take part in this competition. There were many mistakes, but many others did worse (on UB EF ). Working on bars is really hard for my height, 167 cm (5'5 "), but I have to do it well to compete as a better All-Arounder. "- Alla Sosnitskaya 


The first vault (Cheng) did not go very well. That vault is more difficult for me: I had to push harder in height and instead I got scared. I need to work on it further. The second vault (Amanar) was definitely better. " - Maria Paseka



"During the competition, I told myself to compete as I train, but not everything went as I wanted. There were some inaccuracies and I lost some combinations, but I tried with all my being." -Maria Kharenkova


I'm very satisfied with my performances and I'd like to repeat the same program at the World Championships, although to get a medal I'll definitely work better. I need to train a lot harder in view of Glasgow; put in the time and work every day ... " -Ksenia Afanasyeva 

Comments