City of Jesolo Live Commentary: Senior Edition

Here we go!

They're wearing one of my favorite leos, yes!


Cool I just figured out how to watch two streams at once.

It's just the training but Melka's triple L is getting her more deductions than its worth right now. She's consistent about making the number of spins but her base leg is unstable and that incurs a downgrade and an execution deduction i think.

Oh god that leotard looks so stunning on Daria. She's leading off on floor so i'm ready to get angry at her lol

Daria: double arabian two huge steps back almost fell, 2.5 no punch front, double pike with a step. She survived. 4.7D 7.85E 12.55

Hey whaddyaknow an American fell before a Russian!

Elena: full-in tiny step, great second pass and stuck (1.5 thru to 2.5 to punch front) and an overrotated double tuck. 5.2D 8.35E 13.55

The commentator could not pronounce Elena's last name. He tried three times, paused, and then said whatever gibberish sounded close enough.

Kapi: fall on the full twisting double back, low landings everywhere else although, like Lena, she had a beautiful double Y turn 5.1D 7.4E 12.5

Melka: double L to double spin done confidently. Double arabian ok, double layout not fully controlled and a double pike with a landing similar to how your body jerks back in in a car crash, very much like whiplash indeed . That'll do Melka that'll do. 5.5D 7.8E 13.3

Dear Valentina, please let Melka rest after she wins you all the medals in Jesolo.

Well it wasn't terrible but we could've used that 13 from Kapi on floor. This is the team that sucks on vault so no wiggle room for them anywhere.

Abby Paulson of USA literally just did all the passes that our girls did but they look so much better when done with amplitude. Who knew a 2.5 to punch front could look so safe? 5.4D 8.3E 13.6

I'm seeing conflicting reports on Melka's fx score. I took my numbers from the live scoring given at the bottom of the screen. Someone on Twitter wrote that she got a 13.6 tho? I trust my own eyes but I don't trust the source that displays the scores manually on my screen.

Nope I was right (good job Flo gym) it's a 13.3 for Melnikova.

Vault is happening. Happy this is a quick death.

Warmups: Melka's entry for the lopez is eww. But...I don't wanna associate her gymnastics with gross things? I'll just look away when she goes and tell you the score hehehe

Daria with a slightly under rotated fty 4.6D 8.75E 13.35

Elena almost stuck her 1.5 but got little to no distance. 5D 9.1E 14.1

Kapi: fty off to one side but good 4.6D 8.9E 13.6

Melka: she's practicing for beam- she knows where it's about to go down- while she waits to vault. Good dty, a pace back per usual as she always staggers her landing. I saw her second vault by accident, I really didn't wanna see it. Well...she's alive. It's not pretty and she has that whiplash landing but it's two vaults and that's like a guaranteed placeholder on every intl team for her. VT 1: 14.350 VT 2: 14.1

USA is kind of imploding- in their own fashion- as I predicted.

I can't with the sloppy gymnastics of the Italians.

There is so much weird music in this session I can't understand what the coaches were thinking. I don't even know what genre it is. Sounds like the track to the car chase or running scene when a killer is behind you. And so many sound effects, wtf is going on.

Sometimes I think "I should branch out, like other teams, cheer for other girls' but then a live stream happens and I'm bored to tears if Russia is gone from my stream for more than 5 minutes. Only rarely does another team -usually our arch nemesis, USA- occupy my full attention. I feel like nothing's happening and I should go do something else, but the competition is in full swing; like I could talk about these other people doing stuff but I'm just here waiting for Russia to reappear.

I may be wrong but I think Lena is second in AA behind Rebecca Andrade!

Rebecca scored a 15 on vt so that's why

Looks like Kapi will be up first. Prepping the bars one more time.

WTF shes off on a pirouette. I did not expect this. For those needing a visual she did the same as Vika at 2015 World's TF. 6D 7.55E 13.550

Update: Daria still looks stunning. The routine is as we should expect from her, but neater than what she's been showing lately with a SKY HIGH piked jaeger (it was incredible tbh). One terrible handstand and a super late pirouette at the end are the biggest blunders to the routine. Step on dismount. 5.6D 8.6E 14.2 Youve got to be kidding me

It's time for Daria to go go go

Although interesting how the judges didn't mind overscoring Flavia who got an 8.7e with atrocious handstands and dodgy swing. Ugh, but it's not just Flavia tho (no hate), there's a lot of erratic scoring, seemingly random and according to the judges whim.

Elena connected the nabieva to the pak and I could tell she was judging if she was gonna grip that lowbar in time. The van leeuwen had major leg seps but otherwise a great routine. Go Lena go lena go. 6D 8.85E 14.85 Have you accepted her as your lord and savior

Melka that was wild. 5.7D 7.4E 13.1

Yesterday a video surfaced of Melka doing seven inbars or something consecutively. Today she kips out of one. smh.

I forgive her tho because she looked so apologetic to Grebs, adorable.

Elena showed up today huh

why do you have a 5.6 bar routine
Now the wait for beam begins. After each rotation ends the first group goes behind closed doors where I assume they rest/practice/grab a snack and the second group now performs on the same apparatus. You know how this works because you're a gymfan. I'm just testing out obvious commentary for my NBC gig.

Kapi had a shaky beam set. wobbles everywhere and funky "layout" which had zero momentum  I thought she wasn't gonna make it around 5.8D 7.55E 13.35

Daria actually hit beam. Front aerial to scale is new right? Balance checks after every skill 5.3D 7.45E 12.75

Elena has a great routine except for one eeny meeny issue...she fell on her mount. It was going too well 5.7D 7.55E 13.25 

Melka redeemed herself

Lena's beam score is too high for a fall. She's been scoring mid to high 13 all year w/o a fall.

Oh I forgot to post Melka's score 5.7D 8.35E 14.050

I had to step away sorry about the delay

Some AA scores: McCusker 56.6, Eremina 55.75, Nguyen 54.55, De Jesus Dos Santos 54.15, Hurd 53.9, Boyer 53.2, Linari 53.15, Kapitonova 52.9

JESOLO SENIOR AA 1- Mc Custer 56.600 2- Andrade 56.000 3- Paulson 55.800 4- Eremina 5- Saraiva 6- Melnikova

1- USA 167.950 2- BRA 164.650 3- RUS 164.600 4- FRA 160.200 5- ITA 159.750 6- CAN 156.750

Stopped working on the live blog because I'm writing the article now. Thanks for tuning in guys.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. That's why I said they're imploding in their own fashion i.e. making mistakes and with lots of uncharacteristic falls...but still winning by more than enough.

      Delete
    2. IMO, Russia was better, underscoring at it's finest, I am so close to giving up on gymnastics. I am not a sore loser, but I feel Russia did a better job.

      Delete
    3. Are you going to give your impressions of the competition? How did russia do as I really like eremina and melnikova.

      Delete
    4. Yes I will, I thought I scheduled my TF article to publish yesterday but I guess not. It's up now and my next article will evaluate how the girls did in EF's (and a lil bit of the TF) since my first one is a rant on the judges.

      Delete

Post a Comment