GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM

They're bringing out the upgrades and I'm in love. I don't care how much they make me suffer, when Russia get's to a competition you're never gonna be bored.

#1

#2


#3 (does she STOP?)


 #4


 #5 (Sloppy but goddamn Kapi)

#6 



On a sadder note, Melka is still struggling: A fall on bars, low landings on the DTY, and a fall on beam with the layout. Kapi also had some trouble on floor, putting her hands down on the dismount and a fall on the 2.5 twist. My AA prediction (not my dream podium, mind you): GOLD: Marine Boyer (FRA), SILVER: Elena Eremina (RUS), BRONZE: Tabea Alt (GER). I think any of these three can vie for gold. But there are still so many contenders, like Ellie Downie who also had falls today but has a ton of difficulty and the execution to match it. Besides our girls, there's Thorsdottir and Fragapane but both are wildly unpredictable and never hit 4/4. I'm forgetting others but this is gonna be a very exciting competition unless they all decide to have a meltdown.

Comments

  1. Why are the Men's competitions so much less attended than the Women's? I mean, I find them more boring but I always thought this was only my feeling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm writing an article on their qualifications right now. In general I speak less about the men because I know less but for big competitions I will always assess them as well. And, I continue to study MAG in the hopes that my opinions on scoring and routine potential can one day hold merit.

      Delete
    2. That's great to hear! Although I meant the spectators. There are always more on the days when WAG competes :) I guess WAG has the more exiting apparatuses?

      Delete
  2. I hope Kapie stay on bars I don't want Val regret bringing her over sparie. Her difficulty is low on the other events. I think she will b doing AA but I want her to have a bar medal. Melko is a hot mess right now. I like Eremina she is the best shot at AA. But my AA prediction would be Ellie gold she has retain most of her difficulty from Olympics. She is likely to medal �� on floor and vault. Once she stays on beam the gold is hers to loose in the AA. Once she lands on her feet only Paeska can challenge her. Silver Eremina and the Dutch girl bronze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to coaches the decision was between Angelina and Dasha! Kapitonova earned her spot automatically by winning at Nationals. I think Kapi has a great shot at a bars medal but I'm unsure if she can win the title, only because she is looking sloppier than usual (but it was just podium training). Elena really has the best chance for gold now that she's got the dty and is not worn out like Melka. I hope Melka can make beam and floor finals and medal in both. I think at this point I want to see Kapi in AA more than Melka.

      Delete
  3. Remember my words Kapitonova will win gold in AA, and Eremina will take UB title as well :D also Melka will take bronze in AA and Alth arghint in AA . Pasekas also grab gold on VT and Lena will medal on fx , after that Valentina Rodionenko will remain until 2024 as russia head coach ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment