City of Jesolo Live Commentary: Junior Edition


Okay I'm finally hooked up to the livestream after MUCH difficulty!

To regress, Russia has already been through bars. I managed to see Valeriia's set which looked scrappy as hell but still got a 13.8. Agafonova's score was updated to a 13.45 but I'll have to go back later and catch up with these routines. Kind of regretting doing a live blog not gonna lie. You see, I'm terrible with multi tasking.

Can't believe I have to choose between a one-apparatus silent screen or a full screen view with mundane Flo-gym commentary.Someone's using Laurie Hernandez's floor music but I don't care to switch screens to see who.

Russia's Bar Rotation:

Agafonova: Inbar+inbar ½+piked jaeger, pak, maloney+free hip, low tkatchev, giant ½, giant 1/1, full twisting double back 13.45

Klimenko: Stalder full+van leeuwen, inbar+inbar ½+piked jaeger+pak, maloney+giant, great double front half out. 13.5

Ok the girls are about to go on beam so I'll get back to bars later. It's way too early in America, I'm so out of this lol.

The girls are warming up. Klimenko has a very floaty split leap that suspends in the air momentarily.

It'll be Klimenko up first for beam.

It was all going so well then she touched the beam TWICE man (switch ring). Puts her hand on her forehead after dismounting (she's not injured just embarrassed). Her front aerial to front tuck was beautiful. Very solid besides the one big mistake. 5.6D 7.8 E 13.4

Jeezus now Agafonova's touched the beam on her first skill! Lord preserve me...5.3D 7.95 E 13.25

Argh, Saifulina peels off on her loso mount without any fight. 5.2D 7.25E 12.45

Zub Zub save us?

Of course not. Off on the RO layout. The rest was cleaner than what she showed in training, some wonky knees on the loso combo and a near stuck dismount. 5.8D 7.05E 12.85

Disappointed in how the junior team is performing but what can you do?  Russia will be Russia.

One of the Italian juniors starts her fx with a whistling tune to the Bear Necessities of Life, so that's what's happening outside of Russia.

And here I was thinking Italy could challenge for the gold, USA's killing this competition


Yikes, Agafonova! Full-in was ok just a step back, fell on the 2.5 to punch front (she had ZERO power to make the rebound), took a thousand steps on the double tuck and then fell... on a double pike? I'm confused, is she too strong or too weak? My favorite part was when she fell and tried to make it seem like choreo but wasn't cunning enough to know what to do. 5D 6.15E 11.15

Klimenko tried to salvage things. All four passes were great and I love her choreography at the end. 5D 7.9E 12.9 (guess she didn't salvage things after all)

Valeriia's first two passes were awesome especially the stuckish triple. Naturally things couldn't last (deep landings on the last two) but she has potential. 4.8D 7.4E 11.9 Never mind.

Woe is me, I paid to see this.

So Zub Zub's choreo is great fun but she didn't fulfill the front tumbling requirement and took a .5 deduction. Because we could afford it.

After 3 rotations the team standing is: 1- USA, 2- ITA1, 3- ITA2, 4- ITA Young 2004, 5- RUS, 6- FRA, 7- CAN

Zubs with a crunchy fty 13.250

Russia's on vault but I stopped watching them lmao. Interested in seeing USA on bars since Liukin's leadership takeover.
This US girl is gorgeous and her gymnastics
has made an impression on me
Idk what happened bc I was watching another team but I saw Klimenko take a number of steps on her landing and she was only given a 3.3 D-score when an fty is 4.6.  3.3D 8.3E 11.6

Valeriia crashed her dty.

I say this from love and a good deal of motherly concern: our team sucks rn

The E-scores for the US women on bars are laughable but for once I can say they still look better and deserve more than the field. Giving them 9's in execution is too much but it's on par with typical Jesolo scoring. I actually like these juniors and predict the senior team wont do half as good later today.

Italy has no chill
Agafonova scored a 13.4 for an fty

Vault boosts Russia to third but I paid for a subscription to a website that doesn't believe I'm interested in final team scores. No clue how close or far the gaps are.

Oh my precious babies...they are looking at other girls' feet and scolding each other to fix their own in third position. This is the best thing they've done all day.


1- USA 171.850, 2- ITA1 157.900, 3- RUS 156.500
1- Gabby Perea (USA) 57.550 2- Maile O'Keefe (USA) 57.300 3- Emma Malabuyo (USA) 56.700

I spy
So the seniors are warming up and then they'll have that long introduction so I'll catch some zzz's and be back in time- hopefully- for the start of the meet.

Update: I couldn't go to sleep (not that you care). I'm still searching for results for the other teams dammit! But something radom I just realized is that this is the most Asians I've ever seen on the US team. I'm not familiar with their full depth but look at the Jesolo team:
First Look at Jesolo - Training Day 1
Tiniest American team ever
I've also been thinking these thoughts: if Daria doesn't beat everyone on bars- ESPECIALLY ASHTON LOCKLEAR who was publicly cranky about taking fourth to her in Nanning- I will never say another nice word about her again unless she becomes a beam champion at a major event. You have one job Daria (as you've always had). If Melka gets another floor score in the 12's for a perfectly good routine she and her coach need to sit down and reconstruct it; she can't go to Euro's like that. Even though I don't want her here, it's weird not to see Seda.

I don't have any thoughts on Kapi but she's probably gonna win this meet lmao. 

Comments

  1. That's very entertaining to read :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this has been entertaining for you :) I woke up and it had already begun and I slept with my contacts still in, so I was disoriented for a while. Then I saw those scores and almost went back to sleep lol.

      Delete
    2. Are any of these juniors promising? How was klimenko?

      Delete
    3. Klimenko did the best of the group I guess. She made bars finals and scored the highest on beam despite touching it when she almost came off (it was actually very pretty up until that point). This wasn't the best competition for them so I can't say I saw them at full capability but their failure to make more EF's is telling in itself. I like Klimenko and Agafonova and I think they'll keep being prospects but Valeriia is a coin toss (has a good dty) and Zub Zub is a Shelgunova in training so no.

      Delete

Post a Comment